[Snowball-discuss] Can't get it to work

From: Ilin, Roman (RomanI@upbna.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 20:02:33 GMT

Hello,
This may be a silly question, however, I can't get the software to work. I
downloaded the source code, I compiled the files in \p directory, and this
part works. I am able to run snowball and it produces the source and header
file given a snowball script (I used Porter stemming algorithm). What I
cannot do, though, is to use snowball api. The instructions say I just need
to include the produced header file(s) and api.h in my program, but this
does not seem to work. Could somebody give me more detailed instructions?

By the way, I run the software in Windows environment, could this be
problem?

Thanks

Roman.