[Snowball-discuss] Generic Perl interface to Snowball

From: Oleg Bartunov (oleg@sai.msu.su)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 17:53:41 GMT

Martin,

we developed a generic perl interface to Sbowball stemmers
(see attached archive). It's generic (supports different languages) and
fast ( written in C).

We'd like to see it in Snowball site, so I'll put a link from
our OpenFTS site.

btw, I've communicated with our linguists (Moscow University)
and we began testing of russian snowball stemmer.
I hope we'll be able to improve it.

Below is an excerption from README:

Lingua::Stem::Snowball

This module provides unified perl interface to Snowball stemmers
(http://snowball.sourceforge.net) and virtually supports various
languages. It's written using C for high performance and provides
OO and plain interfaces.

The motivation of developing this module was to provide a generic access to
stemming algorithms for OpenFTS project - full text search engine
(http://openfts.sourceforge.net), but it could be used for testing
of Snowball's stemmers.

        Regards,
                Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83