[Snowball-discuss] website update - searching

From: Richard Boulton (richard@tartarus.org)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 05:30:02 BST

Thanks to insomnia, I've just added a search feature to the snowball
website. It's available from the front page
(http://snowball.tartarus.org/), and lets you search through either the
website contents, the discussion list archives, the CVS commit logs
(only since the move, unfortunately), or all three.

The search is implemented with Xapian, which at present uses early
versions of the snowball stememrs. I've not optimised the indexing for
the type of data present here, which shows up in the quality of results
for the mailing list archives in particular. It would also benefit from
splitting up the large documents for retrieval, but it's a lot better
than nothing even now.

Hope this is of use to some people.

--
Richard