Re: [Snowball-discuss] problems with Finnish

From: Martin Porter (martin_porter@softhome.net)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 15:15:02 BST

>I've just had a quick look at this. As far as I can tell, the function
>call stuff _is_ implemented in the Java version:

Oh. Then of course it could be anything. The finnish stemmer is rather
unlike the others in several respects, so there is every opportunity for a
new bug showing up.

>I'm afraid I havn't got the time to look into this in more detail:

I'll look at the word reported by Alex and the the java generated code next
week, and see if I can spot anything.

> only the output of the english version
>has been carefully checked.

So there might be a problem with the Russian after all.