[Snowball-discuss] Appearance of emails in Snowball discuss archive

From: Martin Porter (martin_porter@softhome.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 13:08:02 BST

Richard,

I notice that emails in Snowball-discuss translate unknown codes (i.e.
non-ascii graphicals) into =HH, where HH are hex digits. It also presents
"floating" spaces as =20, and "equals" itself seems to be coming out as =3D.
Could this be suppressed? I find it a bit confusing (it will be interesting
to see what this email looks like!), especially when we get a lot of emails
to do with accented letters where everyone is using ISO Latin I as a form of
representation.

(I'm including this table so I can look at it in the archive form:

    x0 x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 x7 x8 x9 xA xB xC xD xE xF
    . . . .
2x ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . /
3x 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 : ; < = > ?
4x @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O