[Snowball-discuss] Patch to fix niggles in Snowball compiler

From: Olly Betts (olly@survex.com)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 13:30:01 BST

Here's a patch which fixes a few niggles in the Snowball compiler:

* It calls close() on FILE* which is deeply wrong (should be fclose) and
  close isn't ANSI C so may not be present. I guess close checks that
  int representation of the pointer passed is valid, notices it isn't
  and fails with EBADF, which is why it works at all at the moment...

* "#include <memory.h>" is non-ANSI - string.h is the header for
  memmove() etc.

* It needs to include stdlib.h for malloc, free, etc.

* One of the build scripts tries to compile str.c, which isn't present.

I sent Richard a patch to fix these problems a week or so back, but he's
not responded (I think he's busy). I've attached it here.

Cheers,
    Olly