[Snowball-discuss] RE: Spanish & Dutch stemmer - please help

From: Martin Porter (martin_porter@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 10:55:02 GMT

(Lien, comments should be posted to snowball-discuss@lists.tartarus.org)

Briefly, stem.c and stem.h of q/ interefere with spanish.c and spanish.h,
which you put into q/. Either

    rm *.o
    mv spanish.c stem.c
    mv spanish.h stem.h
or

   rm stem.*, and replace the reference to "stem.h" with "spanish.h" in driver.c

q/driver.c is really just a template, and has to be altered depending on
what stemmers you are trying to use. But I put q/ together so that there is
a stem.c and stem.h for English in place so that the *.c files of q/ will
compile to a valid executable.

I realise this may be a bit confusing, and am thinking about what to do to
remedy it. Perhaps all that's needed is a README file in q/ explaining this
point.

Incidentally, I was unable to replicate your error messages with my gcc. It
compiled to a working program but with a warning message.

Also, the tarball should unpack to a created directory "snowball" - I know
about that and will fix it at the same time.

Martin