Re: [Snowball-discuss] new version of perl interface (Lingua-Stem-Snowball-0.03.2.tar.gz)

From: Olly Betts (olly@survex.com)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 19:35:02 BST

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:43:31PM +0400, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> please try new version of perl interface to snowball
> Get it from http://openfts.sourceforge.net/contributions.shtml

The OmSeek project referenced there has been renamed Xapian. The new
URL is http://www.xapian.org/ - could you update the link?

Xapian actually now uses the Snowball stemmers. These give slightly
different results to the stemmers we used to supply (which were also
implemented by Martin Porter), but we believe the Snowball stemmers'
results to be generally better.

Cheers,
    Olly