[Snowball-discuss] (no subject)

From: Blake Madden (madden_blake@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 10:31:01 GMT

I have a couple of questions about the Finnish stemming algorithm. In your
documention, you state that in step 4 to look for the suffixes in R1;
however, in the Snowball implementation it looks for the suffixes (e.g.,
"mpi") in R2. Which is correct?

Also, in the Snowball implementation step 3 will delete the endings "ta" and
"tä"; however, the documentation does not mention these ending. Is it
correct to delete these endings? Did the documentation just forget to
mention this?

Thanks,
Blake Madden

Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
offer. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup