RE: [Snowball-discuss] evaluation of Snowball stemmers

From: Martin Porter (martin.porter@grapeshot.co.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 12:28:27 GMT

Thanks to Fred for that clarification, and to Fred and Oleg for the references.

I have not had much time to devote to Snowball these past six months, but
will try and add something more to the website next year.

Something that would be useful, I think, is a bibliography of evaluation
work done on the Snowball, and other, stemmers. I am conscious that there is
a fair bit around, but have never tried to collect it all. Richard and I are
not generally notified about work being done with Snowball, so we will have
to track it down as best we can.

Also useful would be a language-by-language reference section of stemmer
development. So for Slovene there is the Popovic and Willett paper, as well
as the recent work by Bostjan (which I have still not had time to look at).

Martin