Re[6]: [Snowball-discuss] an inconsistency with Russian stemmer

From: Andrew Aksyonoff (shodan@chat.ru)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 16:01:10 GMT

Hello Oleg!

Sunday, November 18, 2001, 6:35:29 PM, you wrote:
OB> It's pity I miss the discussion in the mailing list archive :-)
I can forward it you if you wish.

OB> I'm going to subscribe now. Andrew has raised very important question
OB> about diminutives form. What's about opposite forms like 'zaichishe' ?
Haven't tried them yet, but they don't seem to generate much
errors. Most of the errors are due to different cases of "at'",
"et'", "it'" and "yat'" verbal suffixes (eg. "ami", "at",
"yami", etc), and I can't yet come up with a good solution.

I'll be also soon experimenting with some other (rather rare)
noun suffixes which generate a significant amount of errors;
will keep you updated, if you are interested.

OB> PS. btw, Andrew, we could communicate in russian.
Surely. And I would also like to discuss some OpenFTS details
with you. ;-)

- Andrew