[Snowball-discuss] Regarding a unicode version of Snowball

From: Archie Dawson (adawson@mohomine.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 19:31:15 GMT

Hello,

Is anyone currently updating Snowball to use Unicode?

I'm currently considering the use of Snowball in one of my company projects
and we are using Unicode data. I don't want to take the time to transcode
to narrow characters in order to use Snowball generated code, but I don't
particularly look forward to porting Snowball to Unicode either.

I saw it written somewhere that a port to Unicode was being considered by
the current development team. Has much headway been made in this direction?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Archie