Re: [Snowball-discuss] Need help, please!

From: Oleg Bartunov (oleg@sai.msu.su)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 08:37:36 BST

Actually, I found a paper
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/457398.html

Abstract: Information retrieval tools and search engines have mainly been
leveraging research results and technologies developed for the English language
. In this paper we report the issues and obstacles we met in the process of
designing and developing a search engine for the Indonesian language, as well
as our progress and results. The results include original contributions such
as a grammar for stemming Indonesian words ...
I suggest Johan contact with the author and write a nice contribution
to Snowball project ! It should be in mainstream of thesis

        Oleg

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Martin Porter wrote:

> Johan,
>
> I don't know of a stemmer for Indonesian, and actually doubt much if one
> exists. I think Oleg's idea might be best - to try and make a simple one
> yourself based on a limited class of the very commonest endings.
>
> Martin

        Regards,
                Oleg