[Snowball-discuss] java source codes

From: Yulia Kuksin (yulia@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 23:50:02 BST

dear Martin,
I am a linguist and working on cross-language information retrieval.
Thank you very much for your site (and your work). I was lucky to find all
stemmers and stopword lists I need. I downloaded the tarball for java
and compiled the source files from /snowball subdirectory. But when I try
to compile the stemmers from /snowball/ext I get prompt, as if all
compilation
was successful, but no .class files. I tried at the Linux at my department
and at home (Windows) and equallly failed. I am a poor programmer, but
a good linguist and shall be thankful for help and glad if I can be in any
way
helpful.
yours,
Yulia Kuksin