RE: [Snowball-discuss] Can regular expressions be used to implement Porter Stemmer

From: Martin Porter (martin_porter@softhome.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 13:39:02 BST

Of course I'm not anti-regex or anything, and the more the stemmers are used
- in whatever form - the better really. I like to think the Snowball site
can be used as a starting point for recoding the stemmers into other languages.

By PS1 do you mean the stemmer at
http://www.tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer ? If so, a pascal version
would make a nice addition to the many different encodings there. Have you
tested it against the sample vocabulary?

Martin