Re: [Snowball-discuss] restoring a stemmed word

From: Martin Porter (
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 19:00:08 BST


You can't really reverse the stemming process.

What you might try to do is to group words by their stemmed form, and select
from each group one word to act as the representative for the whole group -
for example the word of shortest length within the group.


This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.3 : Thu Sep 20 2007 - 12:02:45 BST