[Snowball-discuss] German Stemmer

From: Gary Davidson (sql_1@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 23:00:02 GMT

I have implemented 6 of the stemmers using NLucene on a .NET ECommerce site
in Europe, currently my clients are very happy with stemming except for one
excpetion. The German words "Papiere" and "Papieres" do not stem to the same
  root "papiere" as I thought they would. Is there some reason for this? As
I am a programmer and not a linguist I am at a loss.

TIA

Gary Davidson

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year — six months
@$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup