[Snowball-discuss] Re: Java sources

From: Richard Boulton (richard@lemurconsulting.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 11:29:28 BST

Rasmus Schultz wrote:
> I understand you wrote the Java code generator? Have you
> thought about doing a PHP code generator? The differences
> from the Java version would most likely be minor ...
>
> Just wondering :)

No, I havn't thought of writing a PHP code generator - mainly because I
don't tend to use PHP. Even if I did, I would be more likely to write a
PHP extension which provides access to the C stemmers.

However, if you feel like writing a PHP code generator, your patches
would be welcomed. I must say that I'm not convinced the changes from
the Java version would be that minor, though...

PS, please keep discussion about snowball on the list.

--
Richard