[Snowball-discuss] French stemmer doesn't stem "arrivons" nor "arrivent"

From: Lucas Champollion (champoll@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 19:03:58 BST

Hello list,

I tried the French stemmer on the present tense forms of a common and
regular French verb, "arriver", and got these results:

arrive => arriv
arrives => arriv
arrive => arriv
arrivons => arrivon
arrivez => arriv
arrivent => arrivent

I emailed Richard Boulton about this and he called this a surprising
omission. Is there anyone who could tell me if this omission has a
reason, and if it could be fixed?
If you reply to this message, please Cc to my address (champoll atsign
gmail dot com) as I'm not on the list. Thank you!

Lucas