Re: [Snowball-discuss] Download tarball inconsistencies

From: Olly Betts (olly@survex.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 04:58:25 BST

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 03:20:57AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 11:30:37PM +0100, richard@lemurconsulting.com wrote:
> > I'll look at your other reports tomorrow - thanks for them, too. ;-)
>
> OK, here's another patch - [...]

And another. When the wide unicode support was added here:

http://svn.tartarus.org/?view=rev&root=Snowball&revision=154

The "B" member of SN_env changed from "unsigned char *" to "symbol *".
But this change isn't correct since B holds boolean values - only S
needed to be changed.

This only affects those using wide characters, and the extra overhead in
terms of space and time is tiny (nothing for many of the algorithms!)
but it's probably worth fixing if only to avoid confusing those reading
the code in future. It had me scratching my head!

http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/snowball-bool-not-symbol.patch

Cheers,
    Olly