Re: [Snowball-discuss] syntax help

From: Martin Porter (martin.porter@grapeshot.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 11:34:01 GMT

Bostjan,

Working in backwardmode, the standard form is

    try ( [ C ] test C delete )

where C is your test for a consonant. There are many examples of this in the
stemmers: see t_plural in the Finnish stemmer.

Clearly you are trying to learn Snowball. A solid approach might be to work
through one of the stemmers, comparing Snowball script with algorithm
definition.

Martin

>Hello !
>
>I am working on Slovene stemmer in Snowball.
>One of the steps in my procedure is if there are two consonants at the end
of the word, the last one is removed.