[Snowball-discuss] sf.net.snowball or org.tartarus.snowball for Java package ?

From: Olivier Bornet (Olivier.Bornet@idiap.ch)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 11:29:07 GMT

Hello all,

I will use Snowball in one of our project on IR. For this project, I
need both the C and the Java versions. I will do other emails to the list
with more details on why I need both versions and how I use them. This
email is just for giving to you two patches:

  - one for renaming all the sf.net.snowball to org.tartarus.snowball,
    as the java files are in a org/tartarus/snowball directory,

  - one for having "make dist_libstemmer_java" working ok. (missing main
    classes in the distribution, forget to use option -n for snowball
    generation, removing of non Java specific files in the .tar.gz)

I don't know if I have take the right option with the CVS: I have worked
under snowball/snowball and not in snowball/website. I can do the first
patch also for snowball/website if you want. For the makefile, it seems
they are very different, but I can look at it if you really want...

Let me know if you experience problems, or if you have comments. If not,
thanks to apply to the CVS. :-)

Good day.

        Olivier

--