Re: [Snowball-discuss] sf.net.snowball or org.tartarus.snowball for Java package ?

From: Richard Boulton (richard@tartarus.org)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 15:37:39 GMT

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 12:29 +0100, Olivier Bornet wrote:
> I will use Snowball in one of our project on IR. For this project, I
> need both the C and the Java versions. I will do other emails to the list
> with more details on why I need both versions and how I use them. This
> email is just for giving to you two patches:
>
> - one for renaming all the sf.net.snowball to org.tartarus.snowball,
> as the java files are in a org/tartarus/snowball directory,
>
> - one for having "make dist_libstemmer_java" working ok. (missing main
> classes in the distribution, forget to use option -n for snowball
> generation, removing of non Java specific files in the .tar.gz)
>
> I don't know if I have take the right option with the CVS: I have worked
> under snowball/snowball and not in snowball/website. I can do the first
> patch also for snowball/website if you want. For the makefile, it seems
> they are very different, but I can look at it if you really want...

The patch to snowball/snowball is great. I've been slowly working on
replacing the build system in snowball/website with that in
snowball/snowball - this work should help quite a bit.

> Let me know if you experience problems, or if you have comments. If not,
> thanks to apply to the CVS. :-)

Thank you for this work - it sounds helpful. I won't have a chance to
take a look at it until after the weekend, but I will make sure to do so
as soon as possible.

--
Richard Boulton <richard@tartarus.org>