Re: [Snowball-discuss] binary version of german stemmer ?

From: Richard Boulton (richard@tartarus.org)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 16:42:45 GMT

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:15 +0100, Martin Koose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do you have a binary version of the german Ansi-C stemmer.
> The C code does not compile properly, and the Code itself
> seems to be quite complicated for non c geeks.

If you're asking for a compiled version of the code, you'd need to
specify what platform and architecture you are wanting to run the code
on. However, we don't generally make compiled versions available,
because there are so many different platforms and compilers out there
that it would be impossible to support everybody anyway, and we don't
have access to many of the possible platforms that people might want
compiled code for.

I am interested in making sure everybody can compile the code, however.
If you can give a clear explanation of whatever problem it is that you
are having with the compilation, I will try and be of assistance. It
should be quite straightforward.

--
Richard Boulton <richard@tartarus.org>